In this CyberWire Podcast Special Edition, we examine the current state of investment in cyber security, speak to experts in the field, and learn from top cyber security-focused venture capitalists what they expect before they invest.
The CyberWire | November 29, 2016
There’s no question that cyber security remains a hot industry, and that attracts investment. What are venture capitalists looking for, and how do they decide which deals to make? How did we get here, and what’s the outlook for the future?
We round up some experts, as well as some of the top cyber security venture capitalists in the industry to find out how they choose, and what they expect once the deal’s been made.
- Robert R. Ackerman, Jr. is founder and managing partner at Allegis Capital. They describe themselves as, “a leading seed and early stage venture capital investor in companies building disruptive and innovative cybersecurity solutions for the global digital economy.” allegiscap.com[vc_empty_space height=”20″]
- Alberto Yepez is co-founder and managing director at Trident Capital Cybersecurity. In their own words, “We know cybersecurity. It’s all we invest in. And we care about making the world a more secure place to live.” tridentcybersecurity.com[vc_empty_space height=”20″]
- Tom Kellermann is CEO of Strategic Cyber Ventures. They say they are, “the industry’s first investment vehicle for synergistic cybersecurity technologies focused on disrupting the adversary.” scvgroup.net[vc_empty_space height=”20″]
- Tami Howie is executive director of the Chesapeake Regional Tech Council. Prior to that, as a lawyer, she has been involved with the successful exits of over 150 companies and has represented technology companies, investors, SBICs and underwriters such as JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. chesapeaketech.org[vc_empty_space height=”20″]
- Dr. Christopher Pierson is general counsel and chief security officer at Viewpost, an electronic payments and invoicing company. Prior to joining Viewpost, Chris was the Senior Vice President, Chief Privacy Officer for the Royal Bank of Scotland’s U.S. banking operations. viewpost.com
Cylance is revolutionizing cybersecurity with products and services that proactively prevent, rather than reactively detect the execution of advanced persistent threats and malware. Learn more at cylance.com.
Article found here https://thecyberwire.com